Most of you know all about my fascination with all things Dragon (I always use a capital D out of respect for their sheer awesomeness). I know that my odd predilection for the winged beasts of lore is confusing to many of you, so I thought I’d clarify my affections with a list of top ten reasons I love Dragons:
10. Dragons are loyal friends. Much like many of you, a Dragon will never turn its back on its true friends. You can depend on a Dragon in a time of need. They always come through with a rescue, a magic spell, or just groceries when times are tough.
9. Dragons often protect vast treasures. I wish I had a vast treasure. I’d use it to help the Elledges go to Argentina. Or maybe just spend it on Dragon figurines and stuffed animals.
8. Dragons can fly. I mean, come on! Who doesn’t want to fly? This should be obvious even to the most violent anti-Dragonite.
7. Dragons can breathe fire. How great is that? Fire is wonderful for any number of daily chores, like cooking or incinerating trash!
6. Dragons have tough scaly skin. Dragon skin armor is among the toughest. It usually can only be penetrated by elven magic or something really sharp. Have I mentioned how much I I hate elves?
5. Dragons make great subjects for movies and books. Eragon (which is Dragon without a D! And with an E), Dragon Heart, and Dragon Wars are such cool movies. I could watch them over and over again.
4. Dragons make excellent weapons in war. You can ride them, or send them into battle. If President Bush would only employ Dragon technology, we’d already be out of this mess in Iraq!
3. Dragons have powerful tails. Most animals have stupid, useless tails that just wag or help them keep their balance. Dragon tails can be used to strike at enemies OR protect treasure. It’s like a good offense AND a good defense. How sensible is that?
2. Dragons are multicolored when struck by sunlight. Their rainbow colored skin reminds me that God will never destroy the world with a flood! Dragons help me know that God loves me. Isn’t that wonderful?
1. The number one reason I love Dragons is that they are the BEST ANIMAL EVER!
Seriously guys, surely you all can agree about the superiority of Dragons. Please get me lots of Dragon themed stuff for my birthday, because you can never have enough!
I, Deb, wrote this with my own hand. I’d love hearing from all of you why you like Dragons. I’m sure there are way more reasons than I had time to list. I’d love love to hear who your favorite Dragon is! Mine is Puff the Magic, because he seems so nice and he really cared about Jackie Paper.
Happy Dragon Day everyone!
Love, Deb (Which starts with D JUST LIKE DRAGON!)
first of all, i am doubtful – starts with d- that deb wrote this. unless she sounds just like nate.
second, i don’t know what else to say. wow. happy opening day.
#2 is my favorite reason
I am more of a Pete’s dragon fan myself. . .Does Ellie have that movie yet?
I thought that number 3 was my favorite until I got to number 2. It is so cool how you can integrate the two main driving forces in your life.
BTW, Nate – thanks for the laughs. This was awesome. Seriously. Incredible.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Nate put way too much time into that, LOL.
very funny….I’m curious how much time Nate spent on this?
Ok, was this just Nate? We thought maybe it was a Nate/Tim/Chad tagteam dragon exposition?
That’s the funniest thing ever.